We’re having such fun sharing with you the foundations upon which Pure Beginnings was built. These principles have been – and will continue to be – central to who we are and what we do. For this reason, it’s important for us to share them with you, and invite you to join us in celebrating them.
There are 6 fundamental principles which guide Pure Beginnings. They affect all our decisions and direct the types of products we make, the suppliers we use, the contents of each product and how we operate.
SKIN. HEALTH. EARTH. DESIGN. PERFORMANCE. COMMUNITY.
#1 PURE SKIN
Skincare is where it all started. A mother caring for her newborn’s skin – looking at each ingredient – researching, testing and learning.
From the very beginning our message has been the same: “Pure Beginnings believes in keeping your skin as pure as the day you were born by providing high quality, effective, organic skincare products that care for you and your family’s skin, and are not harmful to the environment, giving peace of mind from the beginning”.
We want to see skin that thrives. Skin health is our primary focus when developing products, and this drives the choice of every ingredient we use. From the mild surfactants that don’t strip the skin of its natural oils, to the prebiotics that nourish the skin’s beneficial bacteria, you can be sure that when it comes to the health of your skin, you can trust us with confidence.
To break it down to the nitty gritty:
What we use:
- We use only approved Ecocert ingredients.
- We use ultra-mild surfactant that don’t strip the skin.
- We consider the beneficial bacteria on the surface of the skin and work to optimise these by: maintaining the normal pH of skin (4.5 – 5.5), using mild surfactants and supplementing with a prebiotic food source that only the beneficial flora can feed on.
- We only use ingredients that are rapidly biodegradable, ethically sourced and approved by both the Vegan Society and Beauty without Cruelty.
What we don’t use:
- We don’t use any ingredients red-flagged by Ecocert such as: any petrochemical derived ingredients or mineral oil (propylene glycol/PPG/PEG, petrolatum, mineral oil), parabens (Methyl, Propyl/Ethyl/Butyl), Sulphated Surfactants (SLS/SLES), DEA (Diethanolamine) / TEA (trethanolamine), Phthalathes (often hidden under “Parfum” or “Fragrance” or listed as phthalate, DEP, DBP, DEHP), Aluminium, Fluoride, synthetic colourants or fragrances.
- We don’t use any chemical disinfectants such as Triclosan.
Pure ingredients mean pure skin. Full stop.