Whether you’re a guy or a girl, have been shaving for years (or not), have embraced the stubble or hide your hairy legs under winter sweats – we wanted to pay a small tribute to one of our humbler products – our Refreshing Shave Crème.
Yes, many of our Pure Beginnings families don’t even know we have a shave crème – so let’s unpack this one a little bit more.
As you’d expect, our Refreshing Shave Crème contains no nasties, is vegan, pH balanced, watercourse friendly and contains no animal by-products. It is non-drying, suitable for sensitive skins and designed to leave you feeling refreshingly cool after your shave (which it really does!).
Why do we love it? Well, it contains Jojoba oil which moisturises, prevents water loss, and enhances skin flexibility and suppleness. Organic Aloe soothes the skin after shaving and helps to prevent ingrown hair.
“This is one of the best natural shaving creams I have used. Excellent slip with minimal cuts and no irritation” – Paul (Faithful to Nature).
They say the perfect shave is a combination of ‘art and trial and error’ so we thought we’d add some insights from those in the know as to how to get the cleanest and most comfortable shave. We encourage you to share this with teens who are tackling this for the first time.
Pure Beginnings’ 7 Step Shave Guide:
- Wet your skin and hair to soften it. A great time to shave is after a shower when your skin is nourished, warm and soft. Dead skin cells and excess oils won’t clog up your razor blade.
- Apply the Pure Beginnings Shave Crème. Apply the crème with your fingers or a shave brush, using a circular motion. A shave brush has been known to help lift the hairs more, thereby coating them with the product better.
- Don’t rush (unless you’re running late for work). Let the creme sit on the hairs and soften them. Dare we suggest that while you wait, you brush your teeth and apply your favourite Pure Beginnings deo.
- Shave in the direction of the hair growth. This is very important as it prevents razor burns and bumps.
- Rinse and repeat. Wash the blade after each swipe of the razor, making each new swipe a neat and clean one.
- Once you have finished shaving, rinse your face with cold water. This reduces inflammation. We suggest you throw on some moisturiser to help close your pores and add to the hydration of your skin.
- Store your razor in a dry area. Never leave your razor in the shower or on a wet sink. A dirty, slightly rusted razor? Yikes!
Do you have any more tips? If so, please share them with us!
The purpose of the Pure Beginnings blog is to educate and provide awareness of our products, ingredients and a more natural and healthier lifestyle. Although every effort is made to provide information that is true, factually correct and beneficial to our customers and followers, the content on the blog is not a substitute for professional medical or healthcare advice, diagnosis, treatment, dietary, or safety advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified experts with any questions you may have regarding a medical question, condition, or safety concern. Reliance on information presented on this blog is at your own risk.