It’s amazing how my journey towards greenness started with a bleeding, horribly rashy newborn bum and how far we’ve all come since then. That bum is now 4.5 years old and thriving. If you’ve read any of my initial posts about this, you’ll know that it took calendula cream and clay powder to heal that bum after no medicated options worked.
So, the after the birth of our little girl, we swore we’d do anything to avoid that pa-lava. Enter Pure Beginnings. I religiously slapped their heavenly-smelling bum cream onto our newest tush after EVERY bum change. And have we had a problem? Heyyyyy no!
Pure Beginnings Baby Bum Cream is a therapeutic baby bum cream. It is natural and organic (obviously) and certified by EcoCert Greenlife (we love EcoCert things – they’re reliable and honest. You don’t get much past EcoCert).
Here is some more information on the cream:
- Contains baobab fruit extract which is high in vitamin C and anti-oxidants (helps with skin elasticity and protecting against free radical damage) and also contains vitamins A and B which assists in firming and hydrating as well as having anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Organic lavender oil, which has soothing and anti-septic properties.
- Organic tea tree oil, which has anti-fungal, anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties.
- Extremely effective barrier cream due to its natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Can be used to treat nappy rash as well as little insect bites and stings. (Winning!)
Sure, you can go simple and lather your baby with organic coconut oil or a variation of natural go-to’s, but what I really like is that this concoction is so well thought out. Lavender for calming, tea tree for anti-fungal and anti-septic. It is packed with vitamins that assist the delicate natural of the skin.
And our little Brea’s bum, with the help of Pure Beginnings, is perfection.
The Pure Beginnings Baby Bum Cream (125ml) costs R84.99 and can be purchased directly from them online, Faithful to Nature, BabyGroup, Baby City, Dischem (a new retailer on board) and many other retailers here.
I ask you with tears in my eyes – please put down the Vaseline and Johnson & Johnson’s and give this cream a go! You will not regret it.
Contributor: Debbie Knighton-Fitt, Pure Beginnings pregnancy ambassador & author of the Our Greenish Life Blog.